[Notice] NOTICE ABOUT COVID-19
Dear prospective ISS students,
Greetings from Sungkyunkwan University!
South Korea is currently experiencing an outbreak of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. We wish to assure you that SKKU is taking every possible precaution to prevent the spread of the illness. There have been no cases reported at either of our campuses and the following precautions have been taken until the situation improves:
1. Every official event or gathering including orientations, cultural activities, etc. has been cancelled or delayed.
2. Body temperature detectors have been installed in each building, including the dormitories, to identify people who have any symptoms.
3. All SKKU members are required to wear masks at all times and have been instructed to wash their hands thoroughly and report any symptoms immediately.
4. Anyone who has had contact with an affected region or visited China in the past 14 days has been instructed to enter self-quarantine and services have been provided to care for them.
5. On-campus healthcare clinics are maintaining a constant state of readiness to respond to emergency situations and will continue to educate and guide SKKU members.
6. For the first two weeks of the spring semester, lectures will be held online.
We understand that you may have misgivings about applying at this time, but the situation is expected to be resolved long before the ISS program will commence. As of right now SKKU has no plans to cancel or reschedule the ISS program. If any changes are made to the schedule or the program is cancelled, all applicants will be notified immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns about applying, please do not hesitate to us.
We look forward to welcoming you to another exciting and engaging International Summer Semester this year!
Sungkyunkwan University ISS Office